Red Oak Machine has been serving Southwest Iowa since 1913. Quality service has been our standard since Red Oak Machine Co. was established in 1913 as the Pike Machine Shop. Pike Machine Shop was changed in 1923 to Red Oak Machine Co. Ted Fort Began employment as one of the three in the shop in 1928. Ted Then in 1944 purchased a half intrest in the business and eventually the other half in 1946 when J.C. England retired.
In 1931 Red Oak Machine Co. began selling Linde Oxygen on a pickup basis. Ted's son, Bill, launched the outside-sales of oxygen and welding supplies in 1946, following his service in World War II. Another one of Ted's sons, Jack, Joined the sales force in 1947 following his service in World War II as well.
Starting with only two trucks, covering Southwest Iowa, Red Oak Machine Co. expanded and is now Red Oak Fabrication and Red Oak Machine Co. with two locations. The South location, originally Red Oak Fabrication, houses all of the precision Plasma and Laser tables as well as our Press Brake Machines. The North location, originally Red Oak Machine, houses our Drill Press's, Lathe Machines, and Steel Saws.